Lee-on-the-Solent Infant and Nursery School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
MIDDAY LUNCHTIME SUPERVISORY ASSISTANT
10 HOURS - Monday to Friday 11.45am - 1.45pm
EHCC B1 £5128.92
We are looking for a friendly, flexible and enthusiastic Mid-day Supervisor / Play Leader to start as soon as possible.
We are looking for an applicant:
- Who has a love of children and a desire to make a difference to their lunchtime experience
- Who is prepared to actively engage with our children during playtime, promoting 'Positive Play'
- Who understands the importance of safeguarding and confidentiality when dealing with children
- Who is prepared to administer basic First Aid (training available if required)
- Who demonstrates experience of managing children’s behaviour
Duties will include:
- Liaise with catering and teaching staff to ensure smooth arrangements during the lunch period including managing children with special diets/allergies.
- Organise and prepare play activities
- Ensure equipment remains safe and is used safely
- Manage pupil behaviour in line with the school’s LEAP Values and Positive Behaviour Management Policy
- Administering First Aid and recording the event
- Assisting pupils to become independent, for example encouraging them to pour their own water and collect their cutlery
- Cleaning spillages and surfaces where required
- Supervising disposal of food waste
- Ensure that at the end of lunchtime children are returned safely to their classrooms ready to learn.
Start date: February 2024